The new release of Caption Pro includes a facility for recognising and labelling faces appearing in photos, as well as re-organised help. Download it from here.
Version 3.0.102 of Caption Pro is now available for download. As well as a few bug fixes, it now includes a facility for automatically extracting and de-skewing photos included in images from a scanner or camera. This means that it can turn the box of old paper prints into captioned digital images.
Caption Pro v 2.3.101 has been released. This release fixes a bug causing the Aspect Ratio selection controls to be hidden. Coming soon is a major upgrade adding capability to extract, straighten and enhance photos contained in a scanned or photographed image of multiple paper photos and then caption them.
Thanks to all purchasers of Aleka Consulting product licenses over the past 4 months, who have contributed a substantial amount to the Cobargo Community Bushfire Recovery Fund.
- Fix for bug causing Asian languages to appear when non-Asian language caption or sub-caption added
- Fix for bug truncating sub-caption in EXIF Only mode after clearing data
- Added capability to set Modified and optionally Date Taken metadata fields to values selected from available metadata Date fields.
The free Web version of Caption Pro has been updated to improve efficiency and fix the problem of multiple caption applications or changes not being successful.
- Unicode language captions now correctly displayed in EXIF Only mode
- Image file thumbnail in Explorer updated if file overwritten
- Windows Title & Subject (Caption and Sub-Caption text) length limited to 1023 chars
- Option to read caption data from Windows Title metadata added
Caption Pro v 2.3.96 is now available for download from here. This version include an option to create captions from speech. Internet access is required for speech input. It only runs on 64-bit Windows systems and the speech input does not work on Win 7.
Caption Pro version 2.2.94 is now available for download. This version allows smaller sub-captions and the EXIF only File Metadata option writes Caption and Sub-Caption to Windows Title and Subject fields, allowing retrieval using search in File Explorer with syntax Title:SearchString or Subject:Searchstring.